Your partner in learning
The Impact of Your Gift
Why donate to your library?
If you believe in the power of the public library to enrich the lives of everyone in our community, become a donor. Your gift will enable us to enhance collections, offer free public programs and fund new ideas, ensuring the long-term vitality of the Westfield Washington Public Library.
- $20 buys 2 children’s books
- $25 buys an adult fiction or e-book
- $50 buys 1 e-book or e-audiobook
- $100 buys arts and crafts for 2 story times
- $250 buys monthly programming supplies for Make & Take kits
- $500 sponsors a children’s special program
- $1000 sponsors teen or adult special programs
- $2500 helps purchase Makerspace equipment
- $5000 sponsors an author visit
Food for Thought
Why does your library need funding?
While city and state money does help support local libraries, these dollars can be inconsistent and prone to cuts—and for most libraries, a very small portion of the overall budget. Local dollars make up the majority of budgets for almost all American public libraries. In fact, many libraries across the U.S. report that they are also starting to use non-tax revenue, such as donations, to help pay for critical budget items like staff salaries and collections.
In the Community
Meet Your Library Foundation Leadership
More than a place to find books, our library is a space both physical and online, for anyone wanting to feed their intellectual curiosity. Your library empowers individuals, strengthens families and makes our community a better place.